Saturday, September 29, 2012

Indoor Luau

I definitely think outside the box when it comes to parenting! I strive daily to make the day to day tasks extraordinary. I also like to stretch the imaginations of my children and help them to experience things like no one else!

We had an Indoor Luau at our home! I decorated our home (including filling an inflatable pool) and cranked the heat to 75 degrees. Put out a spread of delicious snacks and drinks. We listened to a Luau inspired playlist I created on www.playlist.com. I asked my children to come out into the kitchen in their bathing suits! They were absolutely puzzled -- once they came out to the kitchen they were streaking with excitement and had a really fun time!


 
What We Ate :
Veggie Platter
Fruit Salad
Cheetos
Swedish Fish
Tropical Colored Cupcakes
 
**Not my healthiest spread, I'll admit! But it was colorful and all of the girls favorites **
 
We also had a tasty punch that looked cool too!
 
What We Drank:
Using clear or a patterned see through cup or glass
Pour 2/3 full with Sierra Mist, Sprite, Seven Up or a bubbly clear soda
Put 2 scoops of any flavored Sherbet ( we used Lime,Orange Lemon).
Finish with a brightly colored straw and drink umbrella.
 
It's bubbles up and tastes great.


Our Decorations:
Everything was purchased from The Dollar Tree Store
-Purple Table Cloth
-2 Tropical Luau Mural
-Palm Tree Decoration
-Palm Tree Inflatable for Pool
-Beach Ball
 
 
We had a wonderful time. This was a great activity because it allowed the girls to try something they had never tried before. They still talk about it! I encourage you to try to try something like this! I understand filling a pool in your kitchen might be a little out of your comfort zone but a bathtub works wonders :-)
 
 
 
Stacey 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment