Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday's Super Savings

Today I bought groceries for the week, a few stock pile items, completed restocked my laundry room and bought my daughter a brand new winter coat for only $106.00!!! For some of you that may be a lot of money and for some of you that might be not enough!

My first deal of the day came from JCPenney. Children's Outwear was 60% off. Which took a $99.99 jacket down to $39.99. I also had a take $10 of $10 purchase coupon which brought the price to $29.99. I had broughten my youngest daughter's fleece back because it was too big and had a $26.00 credit. When the total rang up it was just over $6.00 out of pocket. It was so exciting! It's a really great heavy duty winter jacket too. It's a 4 - in -1 jacket system and she absolutely loves it!

When it comes to grocery shopping. If I have the time I always go to Aldi first and then whatever I can't find at Aldi I buy at the Walmart SuperCenter. These are two of the more affordable places to grocery shop in my area. Sometimes making two stops just isn't in the cards and depending on my list I shop at one or the other. This week I was able to shop at both places and I'm glad I did.

My total at Aldi was $31.90. Some of the great buys I had there were: 24 pack Spring Water $2.99 ( I always buy this everytime I go. You can't beat it! And if I have cold bottle water in the fridge at all time my family is more likely to grab for it then a sugary juice or soda). Premade Frozen Meatballs for $2.19. (Enough for two meals and they were made of lean turkey). Cresent Rolls $1.49. (These can be really expensive depending on where you shop. They are so versatile I try to pick up a roll every time I go just to keep them on hand. Large White Eggs $1.39. (Don't know about your area but in Northern New York Eggs are easily well over $2.00 a dozen now. So this was definately a great buy!

My total at Walmart was $70.65 and I saved $16.30 from coupons. Some of my great buys from Walmart were children's Sauve shampoo. I had a buy one get one free coupon. Sauve styling products which were also buy one get one. I bought Purex Scent Softeners for $3.97 which was really good. I'm not sure if you have heard of Downy Unstoppables but they are a must have in our home. My boyfriend loves it when we add extra scent to each load of laundry. I had a coupon for Downy Unstoppables but the Purex was so much cheaper-- so I went with it. I'll let you know how it goes!
The rest of my purchases at Walmart were based on my coupons and I bought a lot of Great Value Brand products. Coupons are great but if they make you spend more money to save--- then what good does it do you? I always weight out cost and value before each purchase and I feel all consumers should. We work really hard for our money!

Come back Monday for Menu Planning Monday to see how I created a menu with the items I bought today.

No comments:

Post a Comment