Monday, October 24, 2011

Menu Planning Monday


Happy Menu Planning Monday! Super busy week ahead!! We've got Missionettes/Bible Study, Family Reading Night, work Halloween Party and the girls go to their fathers for the weekend. On top of all of this I haven't been feeling very good and so the easier the better!

Sunday: Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes (or as my 3 year old calls them matatoes), Corn and Fresh French Bread.
Monday: Pizza Leftovers from our Halloween Party Friday.
Tuesday: Homemade Chicken Soup (using the rotisserie chicken leftovers and other chicken breasts from the freezer), Grilled Cheese Sandwhiches using leftover French Bread. * To make this soup I boil down the chicken bones with celery, carrots and onion. After several hours I remove the bones and skim off any fat. Add my rice/pasta, veggies and 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken. Let simmer for a 1/2 hour and voila!)
Wednesday: Loaded Baked Potatoes with Homemade Applesauce. Potato toppings include bacon, cheese, sour cream, sausage, broccoli and chives.
Thursday: Children's Halloween Party at work so we'll be eating there.
Friday: Chicken Nuggets, Macaroni and Cheese and Carrots Sticks. ( We eat something quick and junkie every other Friday; I have to bring my girls to their fathers which is over 2 hours away)
Saturday: Kids are gone, Justin is working. Just me...so cereal?

The neat thing about this week is that I didn't have to go grocery shopping. On Sunday I went to the store and bought a rotisserie chicken, 5lbs of potatoes, and deli item for lunches. I decided that the family would have to make due this week, so we are living out of our pantry. It's so important to have a well stocked pantry, I'll write about that some time soon! I will definately have to go grocery shopping next Sunday.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment