Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dora - 3rd Birthday

My daughter Madalynn loves Dora! So I hosted for her a Dora Birthday Party! Being a lady on a budget I did majority of myself -- plus I just loving DIY-ing it!

 
The Invitation:
 
I freehand drew backpack on a purple piece of paper. Once I get form that I like I trace it on to pieces of paper and cut them out. I was going to color the facial features in myself but I wasn't sure that I could do it justice. I went to www.nickjr.com. They have a lot of great party printables for the characters on their programs. I mass printed the facial features of backpack and glued them on.
 


 
The Wording:
 
Come On, Vamonos!
Everybody let's go!
 
It's Madalynn's 3rd birthday
and we are celebrating
in an aDORAble way!
 
When:
April 11, 2011
3:00-5:00
 
Where:
Madalynn's House
1234 Main Street
My Town, My State
 
Decorations:

I used Pink, Purple and Yellow for the main colors to decorate with. I made the famous Martha Stewart Pom-Poms with tissue paper I purchased at the Dollar Store. I find that the stiff tissue paper that's sold in the long package works better than the soft tissue paper that is sold folded up. It was really basic. Just yellow and purple tables cloths, plates and cups. I bought a few Dora Napkins and plates to accent the colors.

 
 
Our Menu:
Mini Sandwich Platters
(peanut butter & jelly, Ham & Cheese on Dollar Rolls and Turkey Roll Ups)
Bagel Pizzas (they were frozen)
Assorted Chips
Fruit Platter
Veggie Platter
Water
Juice
Soda for Adults
 
Dessert Time:
 
I ordered 12 cucpakes with Dora Rings and a Dora Character cake from Walmart. This cost about $12.00. It's about $6.00 for a character cake. They make all Disney princesses, Dora, some princes/heros and I think they may have expanded since we had this party.

 
The Favor
 
I bought canvas bags from Dollar Tree. They were 3 for $1.00. I glued on googly eyes and a red felt mouth with a hot glue gun. I filled them with candy, a party blower, plastic maracas and Dora stickers. It looked like Backpack :-) The kids loved it and it was a perfect end to a perfect party! Fantástico!

 
 
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment